Inside LAN-O-THON

Friday, June 15, 2007

Orange box gets a release date.

Yesterday, during a pre-E3 press event held at Electronic Arts' Los Angeles offices, members of Valve Software revealed the official launch date for the highly-anticipated Half-Life 2 game compilation, The Orange Box. The big day is October 9th.

This is exciting news for just about any gamer because The Orange Box includes a little something for everyone: Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, the unique physics-based first-person puzzle game Portal, and the long-awaited Team Fortress 2. The Orange Box is scheduled to ship simultaneously on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Source

I'm glad to see that valve set a date for the release of this fantastic set of games. I can't wait to play them at our LAN Party. Please Valve don't suddenly decide to delay it again and ruin our LAN Party plans

1 comment:

Yooka the Medic said...

Hey there. Outstanding site, man. So glad I happened across it, because I would never have heard about this news so early otherwise.

While I personally am psyched for Team Fortress 2 (TFs have always been the most fun games for me), I am also happy about Portal. I was at a LAN Party where I picked up Narbacular Drop ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narbacular_drop ). This is the physics test project that inspired the Portalgame,and while it isn't multiplayer, it is definitely a fun sandbox type game, which have had a surprising track record at my LAN parties, where we value laughs just as highly as frags.

So it's free, and it's out there somewhere. If you haven't, you may wanna check it out.

Also, since I'm now an official regular reader of yours, maybe you could stop by my site every now and again.

http://teamfort-warroom.blogspot.com/

Thanks, and good fragging to you, sir.