Inside LAN-O-THON

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Our network

Our network is made up of
4 Dell 2324 24 port switches with gigabit uplinks for the table switches.
1 Dell 2708 for the core switch.
1- Router/Firewall/NAT: An old HP 700 Celeron running pfSense
1- Web/File server- An old PIII 733: running FreeBSD, Apache, PHP, mySQL, FreeRADIUS, FTP and Samba. (I would spread the load if we had more machines)
2- Dedicated Game servers: the RHA Laptop (Desktop 3.0ghz P4) and My personal laptop (Celeron M 1.3 ghz)
Add to this my desktop and any other loner pc's I get and we can get plenty of server power.

Depending on what I can find a good deal on, I would like to upgrade the core switch to Dell 2716 or a Dell 2724. I like these Dell switches because they are cheep and good quality. They are made for dell by Delta Networking and company that also makes switches for Netgear and other companies.

No comments: